In 2014, Provectus debuted Provect-OX®
as the industry’s first self-activated, persulfate-based ISCO amendment specifically designed to support sustained bioremediation processes and therefore minimize rebound (US patent 9,126,245
). In 2017, we improved the amendment by adding Terr-OR ™
as a buffer and stabilizer for reactive ferrate
(patents pending). To date, we have safely and effectively implemented the technology around the globe using a series of preferred (injection) contractors to remediate sites in a single application, without rebound.
When persulfate-based ISCO alternatives are comparatively analyzed (Click Here
), Provect-OX ®
amendments maintain their leadership in terms of:
• Safety: Provect-OX® has fewer health and safety concerns as compared to use of traditional activation methods such as heat, chelated metals, hydrogen peroxide or pH extremes using NaOH. Provect-OX® will not generate excessive heat/off-gases.
• Ease of Use: Single component product – all in one bag – with integrated buffer, ferrate-stabilizer, and activator results in simplified logistics and application.
- No additional containers or multi-step mixing ratios required during field application
- Fewer handling logistics and equipment compatibility issues
- No secondary containment requirements
• Increased Effectiveness: Promotes multiple oxidation reactions such as ferrate, superoxide and persulfate-based free radicals yielding more extensive in situ oxidation of a wider-range of organic contaminants. Also provides a unique microbiological component for multiple accelerated attenuation processes that act to minimize or prevent contaminant rebound after oxidation reactions have terminated.
• Cost Efficiency: Significantly lower costs due to the utilization of multiple oxidants with combined secondary treatment processes. Use of ferric oxide conserves oxidant when compared to organo-iron or chelated iron activation.
• Improved Performance: Will not mobilize heavy metals or cause the generation of secondary impact issues such as elevated arsenic or chromium resulting from grossly elevated pH.
• Longevity: Uniquely supports long-term, sustained (>3 years), secondary bioremediation processes to manage residuals and minimize or prevent contaminant rebound. Iron will remain in place and active for many years.
• Patented Technology: Fully covered US and pending international patent 9,126,245 (other patents pending) that indemnify you and your client from patent infringement.
has been successfully used in North America, South America, Oceania and EAMA. Various examples of these projects, along with lessons learned, can be found on our website
Made in the USA, Brazil, Italy and Taiwan