CHICAGO, IL, SEPTEMBER 15th
, 2015: Provectus announces that the US Patent and Trademark Office recently issued US Patent No. 9,126,245 B2
describing the combined use of ferric oxide (or other tri-valent metals) plus persulfate to yield safer, more effective remedial actions. With patent filings in the USA, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Japan, Mexico and the EU, Provectus freely markets globally this technology as Provect-OX® Persulfate for superior in situ
chemical oxidation (ISCO) coupled with sustained and enhanced bioremediation.
The combined chemistries support multiple processes to rapidly oxidize and degrade a wide variety of organic constituents of interest (COI) present in impacted soil, sediment and groundwater environments including chlorinated solvents, petroleum hydrocarbons, and pesticides. Provect-OX is unique in its:
- Safety: does not use extreme activation chemistry such as grossly elevated pH (base activation); will not generate excessive heat / off-gases that can raise health & safety issues and cause problems during remedial construction (e.g., increased surfacing) and induce the migration of COI residuals and vapors.
- Ease of Use: can be supplied in a single container; no secondary containment required.
- Effectiveness: activation quickly yields sulfate and ferrate radicals for ISCO treatment.
- Performance: better supports long-term, sustained, secondary bioremediation processes to manage residuals and prevent contaminant rebound (COI rebound is a common problem encountered with conventional ISCO technologies).
- Cost: the industry is no longer monopolized by a single supplier of persulfate or their technologies.
Provect-OX is a dry powder material that can be easily injected into a subsurface environment in a variety of ways, based on site-specific designs. Application methods include direct mixing, hydraulic fracturing, pneumatic fracturing, and direct push injection of slurries or liquids. Direct placement in trenches and excavations are also reliable application methods.
For more information on how Provect-OX™ compares to other ISCO technologies such as Persulfox ®
, Click Here
or to view our Technical Data Sheet, Click Here
Provect-OX has been used on multiple sites throughout the world. Having confidence in our technologies we can offer various forms of shared risk remediation contracting in collaboration with strategic partners. Please contact us for more information, or submit our FREE site evaluation form