FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SGW SERVICES ISSUED PROVECT-OX PATENT
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS (PRLOG) – NOVEMBER 4, 2021
Provectus Environmental Products, Inc., announces that the Federal Republic of Brazil recently issued Patent No. 1120150283179 (PCT/US2014/036642) to SGW Services, describing the combined use of ferric oxide (or other tri-valent metals) plus persulfate to yield safer, more effective remedial actions.
In 2014, Provectus debuted Provect-OX® as the industry’s first self-activated, persulfate-based in situ chemical oxidation (ISCO) amendment specifically designed to support sustained bioremediation processes and therefore minimize rebound (US patent 9,126,245). In 2017, we improved the amendment by adding Terr-OR™ as a buffer and stabilizer for reactive ferrate (patents pending). To date, we have safely and effectively implemented the technology around the globe using a series of preferred (injection) contractors to remediate sites in a single application, without rebound.
When persulfate-based ISCO alternatives are comparatively analyzed (Click Here), Provect-OX® amendments maintain their leadership in terms of:
- Safety: Provect-OX® has fewer health and safety concerns as compared to the use of traditional activation methods such as hydrogen peroxide or pH extremes using NaOH. Provect-OX® will not generate excessive heat/off-gases.
- Ease of Use: Single component product – all in one bag – with integrated buffer, ferrate-stabilizer, and activator results in simplified logistics and application.
- Increased Effectiveness: Promotes multiple oxidation reactions yielding more extensive in situ oxidation of a wider-range of organic contaminants. Provides a unique microbiological component for multiple accelerated attenuation processes that act to minimize or prevent contaminant rebound after oxidation reactions have terminated.
- Cost Efficiency: Significantly lower costs due to utilization of multiple oxidation reactions with combined secondary treatment processes. Use of ferric oxide conserves oxidant when compared to other activation methods.
- Improved Performance: Will not mobilize heavy metals or cause the generation of secondary impact issues resulting from grossly elevated pH.
- Longevity: Uniquely supports long-term, sustained, secondary bioremediation processes to manage residuals and minimize or prevent contaminant rebound. Iron and sulfate will remain in place and active for many years.
Provect-OX® has been successfully used in North America, South America, Oceania, and EAMA. Numerous examples of these projects, along with lessons learned, can be found by clicking on the button below.